CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES | UPDATED 10/18/19
TO APPLY: ADDRESS APPLICATION TO GEORGINE GETTY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR BY FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2019
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director,the Program Coordinator is responsible for helping to arrange quality services, amenities and activities for guests of Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen. This position will work very closely with guests to determine how to provide quality visits to Our Daily Bread and will also work closely with the OTR community, service providers and volunteers to help make optimal visits possible. The Program Coordinator should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread (ODB) in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
- Focus in Communications, Social Work, Non-Profit Management, Activities Management, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Regularly survey guests to determine what services, amenities and activities they would like to have provided by Our Daily Bread.
- Services: with Social Worker and Social Work Assistant, reach out to service providers to coordinate their use of our space during operating hours (i.e. medical services, Veteran services, addiction services, etc.). Maintain agency calendar and help notify guests of visiting service providers.
- Amenities: with Executive Director and Finance Manager, determine which amenities guests would like to have provided and, dependent on budget, work to provide these services.
- Activities: with Communication Director and Director of Operations, determine which activities guests would like to have provided (i.e. Bingo, birthday parties, movie days, etc.) and schedule and supervise volunteers to make each activity happen.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings (when scheduling allows).
- Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Program Coordinatorreports to Executive Director.
- Monday through Thursday – 9:00AM – 2:30PM and Fridays 9:00AM to 12:00PM (schedule flexible based on activities)
$12 per hour / two weeks paid time off per year
How to Apply:
No phone calls please. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to be considered for this position. Applications missing any of these items will not be considered. Email application materials to email@example.com Attn: Georgine Getty, executive director. Position to begin asap.