Under direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the Dining Room Monitor is responsible for greeting guests and visitors, assisting guests with their needs, and enforcing the rules of Our Daily Bread to ensure a safe, welcoming and respectful environment. The Dining Room Monitor should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
– 2+ years of experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
– Experience working with security and customer service preferred.
– Excellent verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
– Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds, including people with special behavioral needs.
– Communicate and act as agency greeter to guests, visitors, and volunteers.
– Monitor all public spaces (upper and lower dining room, restrooms, front entrance and interior and exterior perimeter to maintain cleanliness and safety.
– Enforce rules of Our Daily Bread with all guests in a manner that is professional, courteous and consistent to ensure a positive experience.
– Accompany guests to appointments with social workers and visiting professionals.
– Assist in organizing visiting professionals appointments and set-up/tear-down.
– Remove all solicitors from the building.
– Provide coverage for the Receptionist and Guest Coordinator during breaks and time off.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Participate in weekly staff meetings (when scheduling allows).
– Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
– Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
– Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
– Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
SUPERVISION:Dining Room Monitor reports to the Director of Operations.
HOURS: Full Time Monday-Thursday, 8:15AM – 2:45PM
Friday, 8:15AM – 12:15PM
COMPENSATION: $13 per hour / 30 hours a week / three weeks paid time off per year/ health & dental insurance, 403(b)
HOW TO APPLY: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND 3 REFERENCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
EMAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO email@example.com ATTN: GEORGINE GETTY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
POSITION TO BEGIN ASAP.