Under direct supervision of the Dining Room Monitor, the Bag Check Coordinator is responsible for greeting guests and visitors, assisting them with checking their belongings and signing necessary paperwork, and maintaining the rules of Our Daily Bread to ensure a safe and positive experience. The Bag Check Coordinator should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread (ODB) in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
– 2+ years of experience in a crowd management/security position preferred.
– Excellent verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
– Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diversity of socio-economic backgrounds.
– Act as agency greeter to all guests, visitors, and volunteers.
– Assist guests in signing the log book tracking belonging storage.
– Assist guests in placing belongings in plastic tote and seeing that they have their appropriate chip to reclaim belongings.
– Return belongings to guests when they exit the building.
– Maintain cleanliness of bins at end of the day and ensure that all tokens are returned to the bins.
– Maintain a list of specialty items (work tools that could be used as weapons) to discourage all weapons.
– Monitor volunteer sign in/sign out book and encourage volunteers to participate.
– Enforce rules of Our Daily Bread with all guests in a manner that is professional, courteous and consistent to ensure a positive experience. This may include asking guests who are violating rules to exit the agency and enforcing limitations on banned guests.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Participate in weekly staff meetings (when scheduling allows).
– Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
– Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
– Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
– Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
SUPERVISION: Bag Check Coordinator reports directly to Dining Room Monitor.
HOURS: Part-time hourly, Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 12:15 pm
COMPENSATION:$11 per hour / 20 hours a week / two weeks paid time off per year
HOW TO APPLY: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND 3 REFERENCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
EMAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO email@example.com ATTN: GEORGINE GETTY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
POSITION TO BEGIN ASAP.