How to Apply:
No phone calls please. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to be considered for this position. Applicants missing any of these items will not be considered. Address application materials Attn: Georgine Getty, executive director by Friday August 7, 2020. Position to begin ASAP.
The mission of Our Daily Bread is to provide stability and hope to guests in need by offering meals, hospitality and services in a safe, respectful environment, located in Over the Rhine.
Under direct supervision of the Head Chef, the Inventory Coordinator oversees the receipt, storage and utilization of all in-kind food donations. The main areas of focus are receiving and tracking food donations, ensuring that food is rotated effectively, stored properly and used before its expiration date, and supporting the Head Chef with the planning of meals. The Inventory Coordinator should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
• Experience in in the food service industry, inventory control and record-keeping.
• Serve – Safe certified.
• The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a high-pressure work environment adapting to sudden changes when necessary.
• Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, donors and guests.
• Professional, motivated, and organized with a strong desire to work in the food industry.
• Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of proper food storage and rotation, food sanitation, food service, and inventory control.
• Ability to provide professional and friendly customer relations with our donors and volunteers.
• The ability to do basic data entry in a database.
• Greet donors and unload vehicles.
• Communicate with potential donors via email and phone.
• Receive food donations and ensure that they are properly entered into donation database. This tracking will be used for accounting purposes and donor relations, as well as for planning meals.
• Properly rotate, store and inventory food so that it is easily accessed by the Head Chef.
• Communicate with Head Chef and gather food that will be served the following day.
• Provide staff coverage for kitchen staff during absences.
• Ensure proper storage of perishables and leftover food following proper food safety requirements.
• Help ensure that the storage areas and kitchen are clean, stocked and running efficiently and effectively.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings.
• Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
• Inventory Coordinator reports to the Head Chef
• Full-Time, non-exempt.
• Monday – 7:00AM to 1:30PM; Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – 7:00AM to 1:00PM; Wednesday – 6:30AM to 1:00PM