"There are genuinely sufficient resources in the world to ensure that no one, nowhere, at no time, should go hungry." - Ed Asner
Our Daily Bread's soup kitchen successfully serves 400-500 meals a day with the support of in-kind food donations from compassionate individuals and the generous local food industry, as well as canned food drives organized by local volunteer groups.
On a daily basis, the most needed food items for the soup kitchen include:
- Coffee Creamer (powder)
- Canned vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans, beans)
- Canned fruit (sliced apples, peaches, pineapples, mixed fruit)
- Salad dressing & mayo
On a daily basis, the most needed non-food items for the soup kitchen include:
- Paper napkins
- Liquid Bleach
- Dish Soap
Host A Canned Food Drive
A canned food drive is a simple activity for a large group looking for a way to give back and make a direct impact. Here are the steps to hosting a canned food drive for Our Daily Bread:
- Contact Kathy Schickel (email@example.com) to determine the current canned food needs of Our Daily Bread, schedule dates of the food drive, and determine when the food will be delivered.
- Participants post flyers out in the community, on social media and via email. (Download our flyer here Canned Food Drive or feel free to create your own.)
- Participants deliver the items to Our Daily Bread.
- Don't forget to snap photos of your participants collecting food items and share them with us so we can share your volunteer service on our social media sites!
DONATION DROP OFF
Monday, Friday and Holidays 8:30am - 12:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30am - 2:00pm
You can deliver items to our donation door in the back alley. If you are heading south on Race, make a left on Elder, and then an immediate right behind our building. Follow the arrows to the green door and ring the bell. Someone will help you unload and you can be on your way. No parking necessary.