Are you looking for a way to help out, but don't have time to volunteer during the week? Do you love to bake? What about gift giving? Sign up today to bake cakes or put together birthday bags for a good cause! Our Daily Bread is a hospitality ministry and soup kitchen serving 400-500 meals a day. Part of creating a welcoming and hospitable place for those who have no other place to go is having volunteers make Birthday Cakes or put together Birthday Bags for our guests' special days. Get on the Cake Baker/Birthday Bag Maker calendar today!
Scheduling: To get on the calendar, please schedule your date with Jeni Jenkins | Phone: (513) 621-6364 x 17 | Email: email@example.com
NOTE: We are in need of volunteers for baking cakes or making bags all year long, however please schedule in advance to ensure we have a current need and not a surplus.
Bake Birthday Cakes For Our Guests
- - Amount: We accept donations of 1-20 cakes at a time. We freeze them to ensure freshness when a guest comes in with a birthday.
- - Cake description: Two layer, 8-9" round cakes, decorated as elaborately or simply as you want, but should be gender neutral. We do not know which guest will get which cake. Please do not use fresh fruit on cakes, unfortunately they do not fair well once frozen.
- - Packaging: Cakes should be packaged with the delivery date written on the front of the box in black marker. We have cake boxes (for packaging) here that you can pick up before baking the cakes or you can purchase cake boxes on your own. Our boxes are 10"x 10"x 6" high.
- - Delivery: Cakes may be baked any time offsite and delivered to Our Daily Bread, Tuesday - Thursday, 8:30 - 2:30 pm and Monday-Friday 8:30-Noon. Before coming please confirm with me that you will be delivering. When delivering cakes, please come to our donation door in the back alley. If you are heading south on Race, make a left on Elder, and then an immediate right behind our building. Follow the arrows to the green door and ring the bell. Someone will help you unload and you can be on your way. No parking necessary.
- - Service Hours: If you need community service hours or are doing service for credit, we recognize 2 hours of service for each cake baked for up to 6 hours, per person, per month. Also, only 1 person may receive service hour credit per cake baked.
- - Additional Opportunities: If you are looking for additional service hours you may volunteer in our soup kitchen preparing and serving meals (please contact Kathy Schickel, kathy@ourdailybread.
us or 621-6364 x 15.) You may also volunteer in our Kids Club as a mentor or helper (please contact Kay and Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 621-6364 x 14.)
Put Together Birthday Bags For Our Guests
This project is 100% volunteer driven. Volunteers purchase the birthday bags and items, assemble the bags, and deliver them to Our Daily Bread. These bags may contain a variety of items, not all of these items are necessary.
- - A pair of socks
- - Travel tissue
- - Pack or pad of paper and pencil
- - A fork and napkin
- - Packaged snacks/ travel food
- - A bottle of water
- - Notepad/Journal
Hygiene Items such as:
- - Soap
- - Deodorant
- - Cotton swabs
- - Wet Wipes
- - Mouth wash
- - Dental floss
- - Toothbrush
- - Toothpaste
- - Shaving cream
- - Conditioner
- - Shampoo
- - Roll of toilet paper
Donation Drop Off
Tuesday -Thursday 8:30am - 2:00pm
Monday & Friday 8:30am - 12:00pm