CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Kids Club Coordinator, the Kids Club Assistant's role is to operate a safe, fun, and educational afterschool program for children age 5-13 at Our Daily Bread (ODB). The main area of focus is hands-on program implementation. The Kids Club Assistant should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread (ODB) in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
- Education or Early Childhood Development background preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with children in a professional setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to pass background screenings allowing for work with children.
- Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Implement programming in afterschool setting as provided by Kids Club Coordinator.
- Assist program participants with homework.
- Maintain safe, clean and calm learning environment for program participants.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings (when scheduling allows).
- Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
SUPERVISION: Kids Club Assistant is supervised by the Kids Club Coordinator.
HOURS: Part-time hourly, Tuesday - Thursday 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
COMPENSATION: $12 per hour; 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
HOW TO APPLY: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND 3 REFERENCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
EMAIL APPLICATION TO firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: GEORGINE GETTY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, BY FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2017.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
POSITION TO BEGIN ASAP.